This tasty bread recipe became America’s breakfast and snack go-to during the 1930’s great recession. This is a great way to use ripe bananas while entertaining the little ones in the kitchen. The banana puree brings extra softness to this cake adored by the whole family!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 free range eggs
- 5 oz. salted butter
- 4 oz. Organic cane sugar
- Organic honey
- 2 cups. All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. cake baking powder
1 Prepare the babanas
- Peel 3 bananas and cut them in small pieces using your Le Petit Chef Knife and Finger guard.
- Use a fork to mash the banana to a puree
- In a medium-size bowl, crack 2 free-range eggs and use a whisk to mix
- Add the banana puree and combine
- Cut the last banana lengthwise using your knife and finger guard, set aside
2 Preheat oven at 180°C
3 Prepare the cake mix
- Using your knife and finger guard cut the butter in small pieces and add to a second medium-size bowl
- Combine 4 oz. of cane sugar and 2 tbsp. of honey and whisk thoroughly until reaching a smooth and creamy mix
Tip: you can use a baking stand mixer with an adult to help you
- Add the banana mix and whisk together
- Combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour and 2 tbsp. of baking powder and mix thoroughly – small lumps are fine!
Your cake mix is ready!
4 Prépare le moule
- Wash your hands
- Use your fingers to butter the non-stick cake pan – make sure to butter the sides too
- Empty your cake mix into the non-stick cake pan
- Place the lengthwise cut banana on top
- Oven cook for 45 minutes at 350°
Caution: The oven is hot! Use oven mitt and ask an adult to help you
To check if your cake is ready, insert your Le Petit Chef Knife blade into the cake and remove gently. If the blade is clean and dry, your cake is ready! If not, put it back in the oven for a minute or two and repeat.
- Set aside for 5 minutes and remove gently from the baking pan
Caution: the pan may be hot still. Ask an adult to help you.
Your banana cake is ready! You can use your knife to cut slices and enjoy! Yummy!
Variant: add crushed walnuts to the baking mix for extra crunchiness!